William Scott wrote:
> You can take the quiz at:
> http://features.pewforum.org/quiz/us-religious-knowledge/
> and get your percentile ranking.
> It's ridiculously easy.

It is indeed. My, my...
Someone should do similar easy tests of non-religious knowledge:

Who discovered the law of universal gravitation?
Who first discovered moons around the planet Jupiter?
What is the popular name given to the event at the origin of the universe?
What is the most abundant chemical element in the universe?
What class of animals is known for having warm blood and bearing live young?
etc.

Chris
==========

> Hi
>
> Shouldn't that be Bibles, Qur'ans, OR other similar texts?  If the
> survey questions sampled diverse religious traditions, then perhaps a
> person committed to one religion might not do well on religious tenets
> other than their own?
>
> Take care
> Jim
>
> James M. Clark
> Professor of Psychology
> 204-786-9757
> 204-774-4134 Fax
> j.cl...@uwinnipeg.ca

> Lacking any knowledge of empirical research regarding such questions,
> plus the fact that millions of people are given bibles, Qur'ans, and
> other similar texts from the moment they are born and remain religious
> throughout their lives, I vote for the third variable (or a
> constellation of variables).
>
> Miguel

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=5257
or send a blank email to