From: "Beth Benoit" <beth.ben...@gmail.com>
To: "Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)" <tips@fsulist.frostburg.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 6:46:00 PM
Subject: Re: [tips] The First Individual To Win The Noble AND The IgNoble Prize

John,

I'm so jealous that you got to go to the IgNobel award at Harvard!.

Okay, everybody there are going to be some fun links in this post, so if you're
kicking back with a glass of wine tonight and no papers to correct, check out
the following...

Some on the TIPS list may not know that "our own" Robin Abrahams (also famous
as "Miss Conduct" in the Boston Globe Magazine), http://robinabrahams.com/ and
her husband, Marc, put on this now famous award show. Check out
http://improbable.com/ which has lots of funny, quirky things related to the
IgNobel prizes. There's lots of coverage on youtube, as well as books published
about the IgNobels (
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=ignobel&x=0&y=0
 ) Be sure to check out Miss Sweetie Pie's role in keeping the recipients'
presentations short and sweet ("Please stop. I'm bored. Please stop. I'm
bored." I'll bet our students wish each of our classrooms had a Miss Sweetie
Pie. There's even a mug at CafePress with her plaintive cry:
http://www.cafepress.com/ignobel.419085496 ). And come on, if you can, you know
you want to be mentioned in the Luxuriant Hair (Flowing, Former and Facial)
Club for Scientists. http://improbable.com/project
 s/hair/

The night is always sold out far in advance. NEXT year I'm going to remember to
try earlier to get a ticket. Reading over this post, I'm wondering if I should
add, "I'm Beth Benoit, and I approved of this message." Wow, what a groupie I
am!

Beth Benoit
Granite State College
Plymouth State University