Annette wrote:
>I met Allen for coffee (not tea) in London--delightful!
>Didn't realize until then that he is a mathematician
>by training, and not a psychologist.

It was great meeting you and your other half in London, Annette. But
I'm not a mathematician! (I shall refrain from commenting here on the
fallibility of memory. :-) ) I have a physics degree from University
College London, circa late 1950s (egad!). But I would not call myself a
physicist, as I follow George Bernard Shaw's dictum: "He who can, does.
He who cannot, teaches." (No offence folks – at College level some both
do and teach.)

For the benefit especially of Stephen Black. I checked online, and it
is authentic GBS, from an Appendix to "Man and Superman".

Allen Esterson
Former lecturer, Science Department
Southwark College, London
allenester...@compuserve.com