I can't remember, either, Annette, but it's out there.  I remember after
reading it becoming very self-conscious about how I was sitting in group
meetings -- not wanting to find myself mimicking any one group member's
posture...

Something else that's interesting is the work of a former student of mine
(Molly Ireland; also a former student of J. Pennebaker) on what she calls
"language style matching." It's not only physical posture that we mimic, but
the way we speak.

(And as a former S Texan, I can tell you that when I go back and visit home, I
speak quite differently....)

Marc Carter, PhD
Associate Professor of Psychology
Chair, Department of Behavioral and Health Sciences
College of Arts & Sciences
Baker University
--

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by Baker University ("BU") and is intended to be confidential and for
the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be
protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal
rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please
immediately notify Baker University by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=19976
or send a blank email to
leave-19976-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu