Hi, All --

I should be clear: I wasn't doing 50-milers when I weighed 208.  That's why I
started riding again, and it took a while to get up to those.

And excellent point: "Diet" is not the way to think of it.  The missus and I
refer to it as a "lifestyle change," chiefly accomplished by limiting simple
carbs and being careful about portion size.  We still eat what we like, but
just not as much, and we get regular exercise (I'm lucky enough to be able to
bike to work).

So we're following Jim's prescription!  Works like a charm.

Marc Carter, PhD
Associate Professor of Psychology
Chair, Department of Behavioral and Health Sciences
College of Arts & Sciences
Baker University
--

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=20869