From: Christopher Green [mailto:chri...@yorku.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:57 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: Re: [tips] The Forgotten Disciplines | Inside Higher Ed

One of the commenters on the column notes that geography spreads over natural
sciences, social sciences, and humanities; that it is, in his words, "the
original interdisciplinary discipline."

Chris
---
Christopher D. Green
Department of Psychology
York University
Toronto, ON M3J 1P3
Canada

chri...@yorku.ca<mailto:chri...@yorku.ca>
http://www.yorku.ca/christo/
=========================

On 2013-02-19, at 9:07 AM, Stuart McKelvie wrote:

Dear Tipsters,

I have vigorously tried to make the case here at Bishop's that psychology is at
the heart of the "liberal arts" mission. As the author points out, the social
sciences require quantitative reasoning, communication skills and information
literacy. To which I would add for psychology: content that overlaps with
biology, chemistry, other social sciences, philosophy and the arts. What other
discipline does all this?

Sincerely,

Stuart

______________________________