Hi, Annette --

Depending on the text I'm using, I'll often do a take-home final (8-12 pages)
that asks students to use at least 5 experimental results to critique (pro
and/or con) the information-processing model of cognition.  That forces them to
do some synthetic work across different cognitive domains, and if they do it
well, they'll have to get into the notion of distributed processing.

A pain to grade, but then, I usually only have about ten students in those
classes.

Marc Carter, PhD
Associate Professor of Psychology
Chair, Department of Behavioral and Health Sciences
College of Arts & Sciences
Baker University
--

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by Baker University ("BU") and is intended to be confidential and for
the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be
protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal
rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please
immediately notify Baker University by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=25412
or send a blank email to
leave-25412-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu