West Chester University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty
position beginning August 2016 at the assistant professor level in
Industrial/Organizational Psychology. Applicants must have a Ph.D. in I/O
psychology, an active program of research studying I/O-related topics,
experience teaching I/O courses, and the ability to mentor undergraduate and
graduate students in I/O research. The specific area of I/O expertise is open.
The successful candidate must be committed to teaching courses in I/O
Psychology at the undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as undergraduate
core courses in the curriculum.  Preference will be given to candidates with a
strong quantitative/statistical background.  Preference will also be given to
candidates who demonstrate ability to teach online courses.

Candidates selected for on-campus interviews will present a colloquium to
demonstrate teaching and research excellence.  The Department of Psychology is
composed of 22 tenured and tenure-track faculty and serves approximately 850
undergraduate majors and 100 master's degree students.  We are especially
interested in recruiting faculty from underrepresented groups. Additional
information is available at http://www.wcupa.edu/_academics/sch_cas.psy/.

Completion of the Ph.D. is required before the start of the Fall 2016 semester.
Applicants should apply online at
https://agency.governmentjobs.com/wcupa/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=1263704

Applications must include all of the following: a cover letter identifying the
courses the applicant is prepared to teach, curriculum vitae, no more than 3
reprints or preprints of published articles, a statement of teaching
philosophy, and a statement of research interests. Additionally, applicants
must ensure that three letters of recommendation are submitted to the
Psychology Department Administrative Assistant, Ms. Bridgid Fitzgerald, at
bfitzger...@wcupa.edu<mailto:bfitzger...@wcupa.edu>.

Review of candidates will begin on November 1, 2015 and continue until the
position is filled.  Applicants must successfully complete the interview
process and colloquium to be considered finalists. The filling of this position
is contingent upon available funding.  All offers of employment are subject to
and contingent upon satisfactory completion of a pre-employment criminal
background check.  West Chester University is an Affirmative Action - Equal
Opportunity Employer. Developing and sustaining a diverse faculty and staff
advances WCU's educational mission and strategic plan. Women, minorities,
veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.

Edward I. Pollak, Ph.D.
epol...@wcupa.edu<mailto:epol...@wcupa.edu>
Professor Emeritus of Psychology
West Chester University of Pennsylvania
Doc's Bluegrass Newsletter:
http://www.docsbluegrass.net/bluegrass-newsletter.html
Husband, father, grandfather, bluegrass fiddler &
biopsychologist............... in approximate order of importance