Thank you all for taking time to answer my question about text reviews. I
have always reviewed texts honestly and for some reason it occurred to me
that maybe that wasn't what the publishers wanted.  I reviewed one the
other day that just didn't seem all that great to me and my feedback to the
publisher reflected that opinion. Then I felt bad because they thanked me
profusely and sent me a check even though I didn't really like their book.
On the other hand, I've had the pleasure of reviewing two books recently
that I liked very much. One was a proposal for a new text book, and I
sincerely hope it gets published. I provided fairly extensive comments and
suggestions. The other was for an updated edition of an existing text, and
I also liked it very much. This is what happens when Mike P. posts
something that makes me lose sleep--I start fretting over all sorts of
things. ;) <-- note the wink and smile.

Thanks again, I really do appreciate the feedback.

Carol DeVolder, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
St. Ambrose University
518 West Locust Street
Davenport, Iowa  52803

You are currently subscribed to tips as:
To unsubscribe click here:
or send a blank email to