From: Mike Palij [mailto:m...@nyu.edu]
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2017 2:11 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Cc: Michael Palij
Subject: [tips] Why Do Neuroscientists Hate Left-handers?

Here's a factoid to toss out when reviewing the problems and
limitation of contemporary neuroscience:

Left-handers are not used in neuroscience research.

I had assumed that they had been included and may
have been analyzed separately from right handers
(and people who are ambidextrous) in the same
way that monolinguals and bilinguals are analyzed
separately.

For more on this point, here is an interview with
leftie Paul Silva on HuffPo:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/neuroscience-research-seriously-flawed-a-conversation_us_59835271e4b094ff5a3f0c7d#

And don't forget that August 13 is International Left-Handers
Day.

-Mike Palij (right handed)
New York University
m...@nyu.edu<mailto:m...@nyu.edu>

---

You are currently subscribed to tips as:
ro...@stjohns.edu<mailto:ro...@stjohns.edu>.

To unsubscribe click here:
http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=1632838.7e62b84813297f170a6fc240dab8c12d&n=T&l=tips&o=51192

or send a blank email to