Do you wear polyester pants?  Ever wonder if they affected your
reproductive ability in additional to making a fashion statement?
Yeah, me neither.  But one Egyptian doctor was very much
concerned about this (i.e., reproductive aspects, not the fashion
part) and even did studies in which rats wore little pants made
from different materials (now THAT is an example to use
when teaching ANOVA) as well as studies with other animals
and humans.  A short article on this remarkable researcher
can be read here:
http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/polyester-rat-pants-ahmed-shafik-science-reprodcution-static-electricity

The article notes that the dedicated researcher won a posthumous
Ig Nobel prize in 2016.  Now how did I miss that?

For some reason, I can imagine an old Monty Python type
comedy sketch involving the presentation of research results
involving rats wearing polyester pants.  And questions about
whether the rats wore or took off the pants while having
sex (makes one wonder about humans in the same situation ;-).

One wonders if one can get pigeons to wear pants too. ;-)

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=51436
or send a blank email to
leave-51436-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu