Dear Carol,

You mentioned perhaps giving your students an inventory.

Here is a link to the 10-item Gosling test for the Big 5.
https://gosling.psy.utexas.edu/scales-weve-developed/ten-item-personality-measure-tipi/

It has the test, scoring, male and female norms (in means and SDs) and
documentation.

It is free and open for use.

You might be able to make a little class activity out of this.

For example, get each person to self-rate themselves on the five traits.
Compare this with how they scores on the test.

Another site is the free, open access International Personality Item Pool
(Goldberg).

Stuart

                                   "Floreat Labore"

                               [cid:image001.jpg@01D11876.FED84950]
            "Recti cultus pectora roborant"

Stuart J. McKelvie, Ph.D.,     Phone: 819 822 9600 x 2402
Department of Psychology,         Fax: 819 822 9661
Bishop's University,
2600 rue College,
Sherbrooke,
Québec J1M 1Z7,
Canada.

E-mail: stuart.mckel...@ubishops.ca<mailto:stuart.mckel...@ubishops.ca> (or
smcke...@ubishops.ca<mailto:smcke...@ubishops.ca>)

Bishop's University Psychology Department Web Page:
http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy<blocked::http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy>

                         Floreat Labore"

                             [cid:image002.jpg@01D11876.FED84950]

[cid:image003.jpg@01D11876.FED84950]