From: Michael Palij [m...@nyu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 2:04 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Cc: Michael Palij
Subject: [tips] Mommas Don't Let Your Kids Grow Up To Be Scientific
Researchers....

unless they like being poor and having uncertain futures.  A NY Times
article paints the current dismal picture in some of the "hard" sciences.
I assume the situation is similar in psychology and social sciences.
NOTE:  neuroscience does not seem to be immune.  See:
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/14/upshot/so-many-research-scientists-so-few-openings-as-professors.html?action=click&contentCollection=The%20Upshot&module=RelatedCoverage&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

m...@nyu.edu<mailto:m...@nyu.edu>

---

You are currently subscribed to tips as:
ro...@stjohns.edu<mailto:ro...@stjohns.edu>.

To unsubscribe click here:
http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=1632838.7e62b84813297f170a6fc240dab8c12d&n=T&l=tips&o=52024

leave-52024-1632838.7e62b84813297f170a6fc240dab8c...@fsulist.frostburg.edu<mailto:leave-52024-1632838.7e62b84813297f170a6fc240dab8c...@fsulist.frostburg.edu>