I appreciate both points, the first being the all too common FAE, And we
might to adjust our attributions even further when considering the
daunting and not necessarily ego-boosting research on the role of our
unconscious mind.  One must read for all is Mlodinow captivating book,
Subliminal: How Your Unconscious Mind Rules Your Behavior.

The implications of this work is even when we attribute behavior to the
individual, we need to be aware that it could have been the result of a
decisions made by their unconscious mind below their awareness.  The
unconscious is a whiz when it comes to making crucial decisions in a flash
but it also has the dark side regarding prejudices learned early.  I have
not read anything about Dr. Bochhofer but feel my comments are relevant to
how we explain others' behaviors generally.

I'd also like to applaud Stuart's encouragement for us all to direct our
criticisms at the behavior versus the person.  Far, far more productive.

Joan

Joan Warmbold Boggs
Professor of Psychology
Oakton Community College