Thanks, Dave!  And this piece in the NY Times on the nature of 'blackouts' may
also be instructive:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/29/opinion/sunday/brett-kavanaugh-drinking-blackouts.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fsunday&action=click&contentCollection=sunday%C2%AEion=stream&module=stream

Miguel
From: David Myers [my...@hope.edu]
Sent: Monday, October 1, 2018 8:24 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: [tips] A chance to illustrate some important lessons about memory?

Without picking sides on Supreme Court politics, might the debate over the
credibility of the testimonies at last Thursday's Senate hearing offer a chance
to teach and illustrate some important lessons about human memory?

I offer my 2 cents in a little essay at
www.TalkPsych.com<http://www.TalkPsych.com>, though I perhaps should also have
noted the distinction between unreliable memories that form (are "recovered")
under the influence of suggestion and more reliable traumatic memories that
were never forgotten.

Dave Myers

---

You are currently subscribed to tips as:
ro...@stjohns.edu<mailto:ro...@stjohns.edu>.

To unsubscribe click here:
http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=3343621.18283a1227eb73d1ce74b7f7163cf851&n=T&l=tips&o=52840

leave-52840-3343621.18283a1227eb73d1ce74b7f7163cf...@fsulist.frostburg.edu<mailto:leave-52840-3343621.18283a1227eb73d1ce74b7f7163cf...@fsulist.frostburg.edu>

This email may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged material for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or
recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the
sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=52841
or send a blank email to
leave-52841-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu