If you've got spare hardware laying around with good Linux drivers, I really 
suggest you check it out - at least the live distro.  The project is nearly 7 
years old now and is pretty mature.  Their discussion list is VERY active and 
can be found on the main website.





________________________________
From: Mike Thomas <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 11:07:09 PM
Subject: RE: [TiVo Central] Nero Liquid TV?


Thanks Jeremy.

While I'm intimately familiar with Linux as well as various flavors of UNIX,
I prefer my entertainment system at home to just plain work without too much
tweaking ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: tivocentral@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:tivocentral@ yahoogroups. com] On
Behalf Of Jeremy Sullivan
Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 5:38 AM
To: tivocentral@ yahoogroups. com
Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] Nero Liquid TV?

There's MythTV, but if you're not already comfortable with Linux the
learning curve is very steep.  I would start with their live distribution
(CD bootable).  There are other DVR packages out there too, some free, some
not, some Windows, some Linux.
http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ Comparison_ of_PVR_software_ packages

I doubt any of them are as family friendly at TiVo.

    


      

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to