Glen wrote:

> If you've ever hooked up a wireless device on your network, you pretty much 
> know what to expect, it's not complicated, provided you know your router 
> name and have the password for the wireless.    


Great, I have that information.


> I think I use PSK or WPA-2 or something like that for security, WEP and open 
> are not very secure, go with the highest level all your devices support.  


Done.


> And yes, I use the Tivo brand access point, it works.  I never played around 
> with other brands, some work, some don't, and some work to varying degrees. 
> For a few extra bucks, I shelled out the higher price just to avoid the 
> issues.


So I've read on the list.  Thanks for the advice.


Dave S.
San Jose

--

dave6592 [at] accesscom [dot] com - http://www.accesscom.com/~dave6592
Dave Schultheis, San José, Silicon Valley, Santa Clara County, CA, USA

Reply via email to