On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 03:25:00PM -0700, Bob Greschke wrote:
                        .
                        .
                        .
> Re: [Tkinter-discuss] Tkinter-discuss Digest, Vol 34, Issue 5I have a "form"
> in my program that has a Text() field with a little text, some Buttons with
> pictures, and some Labels inserted into it.  If I just do a Text().get(0.0,
> END) all I get is the text.  Is there a way to get, pardon my C, a pointer to
> the Labels so I can cget the text from them?
>
> A picture of my form: www.greschke.com/unlinked/images/getem.jpg
>
> I specifically want the 7-digit number in the light blue areas (the Labels).
> I can keep a list of the numbers as I insert the Labels, but the user may
> edit some of them out of the list (like with the keyboard), so then my list
> wouldn't match.
                        .
                        .
                        .
I like the JPEG; it's always a treat to see how Tkinter helps folks.

I apologize for letting this request languish so long.  While I shan't
make the time now to recode your application, I believe the answer you
sought is something like this:  you probably did a

    my_label = Tkinter.Label(text = "See me?")
    my_label_instance = window_create(index, window = my_label)

(see <URL: http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/text.htm >) to insert the Label.
The return value from window_create() will be a "Tkinter.Label instance";
you can just

    my_label_instance.cget("text")

at that point.