Thank you Michael,

is this the same with the Tkdnd.py module inside tkinter, or it is an extension
of it?

V.

From: Tkinter-discuss
[tkinter-discuss-bounces+vasilis.vlachoudis=cern...@python.org] on behalf of
Michael Lange [klappn...@web.de]
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 23:26
To: tkinter-discuss@python.org
Subject: Re: [Tkinter-discuss] Drag n drop from another application

Hi Vasilis,

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 14:04:15 +0000
Vasilis Vlachoudis <vasilis.vlachou...@cern.ch> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> is there a way to catch a drop signal from KDE, GNOME, etc..
> e.g. dragging a file from the file browser in x11 to an application
> with Tkinter

the tkdnd Tk extension can do that. I wrote a Tkinter wrapper for tkdnd
some time ago ( http://tkinterdnd.sourceforge.net/ ), the version
available there however is buggy and works only partially. I have a much
improved version here that I wanted to upload as soon as I find the time
to run a few more tests and update the docs, if you would like to try
that one I could send it to you off-list.

Best regards

Michael

Superior ability breeds superior ambition.
                -- Spock, "Space Seed", stardate 3141.9