Hi all,

there were some changes and improvements on TLF in last weeks. These
mail tries to summarize the main points:

- Thanks to the work of W8BSD from TLF-1.3.1 on TLF could use the CT9
  cty.dat files with full call sign exceptions (marked by =<call>).
  As that version in meantime is widely available, I asked Jim Reiser
  AD1C to provide the CT9 format as default cty.dat file format for
  TLF. That change came in use in the beginning of 2020. If you use
  TLF-1.3.0 or an older version you should look for the old format
  file, which are still available.

- In last days Jim informed that he would like to switch his server in
  next time to provide these files only via secured access. So from now
  on please use https://www.country-files.com to download actual
  cty.dat files.

- Zoli HA5CQZ did some work to make switch back from a grabbed station
  much more easy. His work enables to just grab a needed station from
  the bandmap while running CQ mode and to come back to your running
  frequency and mode after it with only one key press. Read the details
  on https://github.com/Tlf/tlf/pull/155. Please test and report back if
  you like it.

- If you have to correct your log file by deleting the last entry TLF
  will now automatically reread your log - no need to request an
  ':rescore' anymore.

- We got a better (and more informational) display of partials and an
  improved handling of WCY/WWV messages (both thanks to Zolis work).

- You can now use any editor for editing the log. If you do not set any
  in the logcfg.dat TLF uses the one from the EDITOR environment
  variable. Be aware that there may be some small problems when using a
  graphical editor - if they go into the background when started you
  have to reload the logfile after edit by hand.

There were also some bug fixes for ARRLDX contest and CQWW in 2 TX mode.

There are some more things to do, so I think a new version (maybe
1.4.1) will still have to wait some weeks.

So far for now.

        73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"