Hey, folks:

That's an excellent point, Ervin; users coming from N1MM+ on Windows or
Skookum on Mac may have trouble understanding the logic of TLF. It also
fits in with something I was thinking about how we should organize the
documentation. It seems to fall naturally into different categories for
users in different situations:

1. The front page (tlf.github.io): People probably land here from an
internet search such as "linux ham contest logger." It should focus on
TLF's main features, show what the interface looks like, and direct
those folks to the next step. It already does this pretty well. The
only changes I'd suggest would be a few minor edits in the top section
and cutting most of the content from "Download and installation" onward
- that information should go in the next step.

2. The README.md for the repository (https://github.com/Tlf/tlf): This
should be linked prominently from the front page, as the next step for
people who want to try TLF. I'm already working on this, and intend to
make it into a single page that covers installation, basic principles,
and a Quick Start example. That should get newcomers up and running
with a minimum of fuss.

3. The Manual.md file: This will explain TLF's operation in more
detail, and delve into detailed setup instructions for CW, RTTY, and
SSB contests. It will also direct people to the man page and the wiki
for answers to specific questions.

4. The man page: When people type `man tlf`, they've already installed
the program, probably used it a bit, and now have some specific
question. The current man page does an excellent job answering those
questions, and I presume it will continue to do that in future updates.

5. The wiki: We could use the Github wiki feature to duplicate some of
the functions of the man page, for people who haven't installed TLF yet
or who don't like scrolling through man pages in a terminal. An easy
place to start would be to dump the current man page into a text file
and upload it to the wiki.

--
          --Alan (AB1XW)

--