* On 2023 28 Dec 13:07 -0600, Christoph Berg wrote:
> But sqlite is not a networking database. If you want that, use
> PostgreSQL.

I've been using the WeeWX weather station processing software for nearly
nine years and it prefers to use SQLite for its DB.  It also supports
Mysql/Mariadb.  Recently a contributor has begun writing support for
Postgresql.  He has noted that the SQL dialects of SQLite and Mysql are
similar but quite different from Postgresql which he states adheres
closely to the SQL standard.

Those familiar with both can better respond on this, but I would say
that it appears that supporting both SQLite and Postgresql could require
a lot of duplicate work.  I don't know this for certain so this would be
an area the project would need to examine carefully.

73, Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB