https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/471

http://tlswg.github.io/tls13-spec/#alert-protocol says:

"Alert messages with a level of fatal result in the immediate termination
of the connection. In this case, other connections corresponding to the
session may continue, but the session identifier MUST be invalidated,
preventing the failed session from being used to establish new connections."

However, this is not consistent with a stateless implementation of session
tickets.
RFC5077 is a bit handwavy on this but implies that you shouldn't do this
with tickets
(see also [SBR04] for discussion of this). I propose we remove this
requirement

-Ekr

   [SBR04]     Shacham, H., Boneh, D., and E. Rescorla, "Client-side
              caching for TLS", Transactions on Information and System
              Security (TISSEC) , Volume 7, Issue 4, November 2004.