Hey folks,

I would like to remove the missing_extension MUSTs on the server side. Full
justification in the PR.
https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/544

On the client, it is perfectly feasible to mandate a particular alert
value. The check is very straight-forward. On the server, however, this is
a mistake. Servers do not necessarily have full information if not all
advertised ciphers are known, and a natural implementation of the
negotiation algorithm will not output this case. Even without this clause,
the handshake is already required to fail, so there is no risk of invalid
clients being deployed.

Adding more complexity to an already hairy negotiation algorithm (the
pseudocode I mentioned is incomplete) just to diagnose what is an invalid
ClientHello anyway is not worth it. It buys too little for the complexity
cost.

David