On Monday, 25 July 2016 22:32:29 CEST David Benjamin wrote:
> I would like to fix this by reserving a few values in our registries so
> that clients may advertise random ones and regularly exercise these
> codepaths in servers. If enough of the client base does this, we can turn a
> large class of tomorrow's interop failures into today's interop failures.
> This is important because an bug will not thrive in the ecosystem if it
> does not work against the current deployment.

What prevents an implementation from ignoring values from just those reserved
ranges and continuing to be intolerant to other values? After all, if they are
reserved for this, they just need to ignore those values (as no "real"
extension/value will ever use them) to "resolve the problem".

--
Regards,
Hubert Kario