On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Melinda Shore <melinda.sh...@nomountain.net
> wrote:

> I think it's quite clearly the case that that is not going to happen.
> But, that doesn't mean that these guys don't have a problem worth
> addressing, even if they're asking for a crap solution to it.  The
> IETF is an insular organization and I tend to think that leads to
> poorer outcomes in some cases than we might otherwise have produced.

Their argument is the PCI council will mandate TLS 1.3 soon. This is not
the case. A TLS *1.1* mandate by the PCI council has been delayed until
2018.

I work for a company that directly participates in the PCI council, and
have been participating in the TLS and CFRG process for several years
(again, I do not directly represent either in this discussion).

I do not think that TLS 1.3 in its current form will cause them any
practical real-world problems for these companies, rather they seem to be
attempting to futureproof their current bad practices.

--
Tony Arcieri