On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 09:43:05PM +1100, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 12 October 2016 at 19:50, Ilari Liusvaara <ilariliusva...@welho.com> wrote:
> > I also noticed another edge case: What is to prevent server from
> > omitting key share group (emitting a cookie, so the restart is
> > not spurious), presumably causing the client to blank its key_share
> > and then proceed to accept DH versus client's previously sent share?
>
> How about: If key_share isn't in the HRR, the client should replay
> it's old key_share verbatim.  Though I agree that the text should say
> as much.

Yeah, would work.

> Maybe we should require text for every extension that can appear in
> the HRR: what to do if the extension is in the HRR, and what to do if
> it isn't.

Or have every extension be "no change" if not present, and do the
specified thing to CH if prsent and known, abort if present and
unknown.

That would waste a bit of space with extensions signaling support
for some rewrites if the server doesn't use those but retries the
handshake.

-Ilari