On 16 February 2017 at 04:20, Yoav Nir <ynir.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No, not really, but TLS is not just the web, and there are connections that
> last for a long time and transfer large amounts of data. Think datacenter
> synchronization. At packet-sized records 24 million records amounts to 36
> GB. That is considerably larger than a 4 GB software update I downloaded
> over HTTPS a few years ago, but not out of the ballpark.

I realize that's going to require updates pretty often (once you open
up the CWND), but I don't think that it is frequent enough to be a
concern.

I well know that HTTP gets used at these volumes more often than
people realize.  I'd rather recommend ChaCha for those niche uses
though if the rate was sufficiently high.