Hi,

   The RFC6347, 4.2.4 [1] say :

"3. The implementation receives the next flight of messages: if this
        is the final flight of messages, the implementation transitions to
        FINISHED. If the implementation needs to send a new flight, it
        transitions to the PREPARING state. Partial reads (whether
        partial messages or only some of the messages in the flight) do
        not cause state transitions or timer resets."

I would like to know why "partial reads do not cause state timer resets".

I mean if we receive the first "handshake message" of the expected "flight". we can assume that the foreign peer received our previous flight and so we can stop retransmissions of this flight. If the next message is lost, we will never respond and so the foreign peer should retransmit the whole flight. We don't need to retransmit on our side, so timer should be reset ?

   Did I missed something ?

Thx.

Simon

[1]https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6347#section-4.2.4