On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 4:53 AM, Toerless Eckert <t...@cs.fau.de> wrote:

> Thanks. Just in case anyone is counting
> I think thats a bad choice that limits the usefulness of 1.3. And it will
> just
> cause less security in systems where logging etc. is required than if this
> was possible by apps to configure.
>
> Why can i negotiate a cipher suite without encryption but not disable cert
> encryption ?

You won't be able to do that in TLS 1.3 either. We've removed all the
non-encryption
cipher suites (though someone could define more off the Standards Track).

However, with that said, I don't think that this is a very good analogy.
Having
unencrypted certs even as an options would significantly impact the state
machine,
whereas null ciphers do not

-Ekr