Hi Stephen,

Like you, I am very unhappy with this draft, and would not support its adoption as a WG draft. However I think that open discussion is in general good, and that the best venue for discussion of this draft is this mailing list. Even if some of this discussion devolves into generic "are we pro or against wiretapping" questions.

I don't think this is a significant distraction that could derail (D)TLS, moreover, you will recall that in Chicago several new drafts were adopted to the working group. So the WG does feel that TLS is in good enough shape that we can spend some bandwidth on other things.

Thanks,

    Yaron