> I'm not sure I agree renumbering is the right reaction, though I don't
> object to
> that. This could be a case where it's overall better that those specific
> devices
> suffer breakage, and hopefully then do get firmware updated to support
> TLS1.3 or TLS-without-extended-random-or-dual-ec
> at some point.

It's never better to break large numbers of things, if it can be avoided at
low
cost.  The reaction isn't going to be "TLS 1.3 broke my printer, it's time to
upgrade my firmware.", it's going to be "TLS 1.3 broke my printer, which was
working perfectly fine.  TLS 1.3 is bad.  I wonder what else they got wrong.
People shouldn't use TLS 1.3."

-Tim