Hi Richard,

I don't think that you can protect against server compromise with SPAKE2. The
server can store w*N as you suggest, but it also has to store w*M because it
must calculate y*(T-w*M). An attacker that learns w*M and w*N from a
compromised server can then impersonate a client.

The rest of your comments I agree with (though they are not all addressed in
the updated draft).

Tony

Dyson Technology Limited, company number 01959090, Tetbury Hill, Malmesbury,
SN16 0RP, UK.
This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential
information. If you have received this message in error, please immediately and
permanently delete it, and do not use, copy or disclose the information
contained in this message or in any attachment.
Dyson may monitor email traffic data and content for security & training.