This isn't really a security consideration though, it's a truism.  A MitM
can break things that depend on end-to-end integrity of the connection.
On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 11:25 AM Roelof duToit <r@nerd.ninja> wrote:

> If the use of the mechanism is not negotiated on the TLS level then I
would appreciate it if the “Security Considerations” section of the draft
could be amended to include a paragraph that warns potential implementors
that protocol-agnostic middleboxes will break the mechanism without any
clear failure indicators.