On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 2:11 PM Viktor Dukhovni <ietf-d...@dukhovni.org>
wrote:
> TLS 1.3 allows clients to send multiple PSK identities, with the server
> choosing one.  When, if every, might it make sense for the client to
> send multiple session tickets to the server?  If this is not expected,
> is it sufficiently odd for a server to ignore any tickets after the
> first (if that one is not usable)?

NSS only looks at the first PSK offered by clients.  That is because we
primarily use PSK for session resumption.  I think that others do the
same.  I don't think that it makes a whole lot of sense to attempt to use
multiple PSKs in the context of resumption.

The option for multiple PSKs is something that is used in pure PSK modes,
but I confess to not fully understanding the reasons you might use multiple
PSKs.  I suspect that they are most useful during a key rollover.