> On Oct 30, 2018, at 17:41, Nico Williams <n...@cryptonector.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 08:19:33PM -0400, Sean Turner wrote:
>> Proposed Charter Text
>
> +1, but see comments below.
>
> First off, suppose we wanted to write a successor to RFC2712 for TLS
> 1.3, should we pursue that in the TLS WG, or KITTEN WG?  I'm amenable to
> either, and even both.

I think both would be bad, but whether it goes in one or the other would come
down to whether there are enough people interested in doing the work.

>> [...]
>>
>> The second working group goal is to improve protocol extensibility,
>> usability, and deployability, e.g., GREASE, Delegated Credentials,
>> Certificate Compression, and Exported Authenticators. These working
>> group items will include a focus on privacy properties of (D)TLS, with
>> a particular emphasis on the following:
>
> Should the DANE DNSSEC chain extension be on the charter?  We do need to
> finish it.

In the current charter, we already have generic text about extensions and no
specific text about the DANE DNSSEC draft though we adopted the draft and there
is a milestone for it.  I prefer not to list every draft we are working on in
the charter specifically because then we have to change the darn charter every
time we want to adopt a draft.

We are going to spend a lot of time discussing the DANE DNSSEC draft.  When it
gets done and what is in it is certainly up for discussion.

spt