On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 8:28 AM Salz, Rich <rs...@akamai.com> wrote:

> Or it could be said the TLS WG had no consensus to not work on it.  When
> there is a tie who wins? It seems like working on a solution that works for
> the larger community is the right solution.  The use case and need is a valid
> requirement.
>
> That’s not the way it works.  When deciding whether or not to adopt something
> as a WG item, unless there is consensus to DO it, then the consensus is DO
> NOT do it.  There is no tie.  A decision was made, and by not adopting this
> work, the WG decided to NOT DO IT.

Rich's assessment is correct. This may very well be a legitimate use
case and goal, though we previously concluded via lack of consensus
that it does not align with the goals of WG. Therefore, this
discussion should happen elsewhere, and not in this particular WG. I
recommend contacting the ADs for advice as to where this discussion
should go next.

Best,
Chris (for the chairs)