On 27/02/2019 12:30, Hubert Kario wrote:
> I'm not sure which part for the key_share extension you mean as being empty,
> but the key_exchange in the KeyShareEntry can't be empty, per RFC 8446,
> Section 4.2.8:
>
>       struct {
>           NamedGroup group;
>           opaque key_exchange<1..2^16-1>;
>       } KeyShareEntry;

Ah sorry, you're right - there is one byte in the
key_exchange with a value 0x00 in a greasy KeyShareEntry
I just looked at.

And a different browser doing tls1.2 sent 2 greasy
extensions, one with no data and another with a single
byte (0x00 again).

I guess my question remains though, as to whether more
bytes ought be sent in these fields sometimes and whether
or not they also ought be random values.

FWIW, I guess it'd make sense to send a range of random
length random values some of the time, but mostly I'm
wondering what other folks are doing/expecting.

Cheers,
S.