On 7/23/19 2:35 PM, Watson Ladd wrote:
This draft contains substantial omissions in section 3.

Nothing in TLS 1.3 prevents scanning for servers and examining the certificates they present.
Agreed, however there is no guarantee that the server will present the same certificate and other TLS parameters as it will for a particular client connection
Nothing in TLS 1.3 prevents using reverse proxies to provide WAF functionality.
Agreed however you need to terminate the TLS 1.3 connection at that WAF
PCI-DSS compliance is not at odds with deploying TLS 1.3. In fact the citation to A2 is to a sun-setting of all pre TLS 1.2 versions for point of sale terminals. I really don't see where the conflict exists since all ciphers in 1.3 are secure.

I'll defer to one of my co-authors on this one.
The absence of these solutions means the draft overstates the impact of the increased protection TLS 1.3 provides. It's disappointing to see sustained and persistent opposition to encryption and privacy despite multiple RFCs saying that yes we should encrypt all the things.

The draft is submitted with the intent of informing the community about impacts as we see them. The authors welcome discussion and constructive feedback and we will be happy to update and improve the draft accordingly when such information is provided and consensus forms around it. Specific text suggestions will be even better.

Thanks

-- Flemming