Hi,

I get a weird feeling that the internet is being hijacked and soon it will be impossible to reverse course.  I have not followed the development of TLS 1.3 but it seems very different from TLS 1.2. Also TLS 1.2 is very different from TLS 1.0/1.1 (which are being deprecated).  QUIC looked good at a glance, but it seems to rely on TLS to share key material, and also I'm more than a bit concerned about its capability to track users.

Then there's Zoom video conferencing, where everybody working from home or in virtual school has an audio and video feed streaming to their servers.  Github is owned by Microsoft with some dire consequences.  Lots of large companies trying to be everything to everyone, and it turns out they're cruel.

Anyone?

Mike