From: Carrick Bartle <cbartle...@icloud.com>
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2020 6:19 PM
To: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofe...@arm.com>
Cc: Carrick Bartle <cbartle891=40icloud....@dmarc.ietf.org>; Filippo Valsorda
<fili...@ml.filippo.io>; tls@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [TLS] The future of external PSK in TLS 1.3

Can you justify your reasoning?

Which part?

On Sep 21, 2020, at 2:22 AM, Hannes Tschofenig
<hannes.tschofe...@arm.com<mailto:hannes.tschofe...@arm.com>> wrote:

Hi Carrick,

Can you justify your reasoning?

The challenge I have with the work on IoT in the IETF that the preferences for
pretty much everything changes on a regular basis.

I don’t see a problem that requires a change. In fact, I have just posted a
mail to the UTA list that gives an overview of the implementation status of
embedded TLS stacks and PSK-based ciphersuites are widely implemented.

Ciao
Hannes