Hiya,

(I'm just getting around to playing with draft-13 ECH and
HRR and have a question...)

In 6.2 talking about GREASEd ECH, the draft says:

   If sending a second ClientHello in response to a
   HelloRetryRequest, the client copies the entire
   "encrypted_client_hello" extension from the first
   ClientHello.  The identical value will reveal to an
   observer that the value of "encrypted_client_hello" was
   fake, but this only occurs if there is a
   HelloRetryRequest.

I don't object to that, but can't recall why we wanted
the same value re-tx'd. (My code just naturally generated
a new GREASE ECH value and it all worked fine, so being
the lazy person I am, I'm wondering if doing nothing is
a good option:-)

Ta,
S.