On 31/12/2021 16:45, Salz, Rich wrote:
   *   IIRC, this was intentional: make it easy to get a code point so people don't squat
on them, but have IANA maintain a list of "recommended" ciphers, as shown in
the catalog here:

IANA maintains the list, under the direction of the designated experts, but
whether or not something is recommended comes from the TLS group, not either of
the first two. Which is good, you don’t want recommendations coming from
(currently) just three people.

Is there any way to link from the TLS pages in the datatracker to the list of algorithms and their status?

I realise that I can go to IANA home page, select protocols, remember how TLS is spelt, fish around a bit and stumble across it but it seems like an obvious short cut.

Tom Petch