Hiya,

Would have to read the other bits but this jumped out...

On 07/02/2024 22:06, Elardus Erasmus wrote:
Make it clear that if an ECH extension is absent from the
server_hello, it qualifies as an ECH disabling signal.
When ECH is in real use, most SH messages won't contain
an ECH extension as the acceptance signal is encoded in
bits of the SH.random. You only see an ECH extension in
a SH when we hit HRR. (IIRC.)

Apologies if I'm misinterpreting you in the quote above.
Just sending now in case correcting this changes other
bits of your mail (or how I should read it:-)

Cheers,
S.