From: TLS <tls-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of John Mattsson
<john.mattsson=40ericsson....@dmarc.ietf.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2024 4:57:10 PM
To: Deirdre Connolly <durumcrustu...@gmail.com>
Cc: TLS@ietf.org <tls@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [TLS] ML-KEM key agreement for TLS 1.3

Thanks Deirdre,

I would like to use hybrid but I strongly believe that registering things as
standalone NamedGroups and then let TLS negotiate which combinations to  use is
the right one long-term. This is the approch chosen be IKEv2.

- As EKR pointed out the word "fully" would need explanation.

- We align with [hybrid] except that instead of joining ECDH options

  with a KEM, we just have the KEM as a NamedGroup.

  I don't understand. We align with hybrid by not being hybrid?

- encapsulated shared secret ciphertext

Maybe shared secret encapsulated in the ciphertext?

Cheers,

John