*Hey Folks,
I have not been online much these past few months because of the same thing: pain increase. I have talked to my pain management doctor about it, and he is stumped as to why most of his patients are complaining of it. I myself have sought info on the possibilities of why, and the only reason I can come up with is the weather has been very different this year. Now, as to those of you who are suffering because your doctor is not open minded or does not know enough about this disease to properly treat it I have some ideas. IF you can get to a pain clinic in or around your area, try them. Try to get a consult from your neurologist, since they are the ones who should be treating you for your TM. Primary care doctors are not qualified to treat us in my book, unless they are willing to really study, investigate, and treat TM with the care and respect it and us deserve. As we all know, this disease affects us in many different ways, and also those around us. It is a disease that causes physical, mental, and spiritual infirmities in us, our families, and our friends. ALL of these need to be treated in order for a person to live a fairly 'normal' life. You have a right to be part of your treatment folks, and if your doctor is unwilling for whatever reason, then find a new doctor. If you can't do that, or if there are no other doctors willing to take you on as a patient, then by God go to the ACLU or somewhere to get legal help and file suit to get the proper care you deserve. As it stands right now, prisoners either in prison or getting out have better care than we do. Illegal aliens get better care. Maybe it is time we make a stand and a fight for what is rightfully ours. Right now my oldest daughter is in dire medical need. We found out she is suffering from hyperthyroidism and throidtoxicosis. It alsmost killed her about 6 weeks ago. But because she has no insurance and I have no money, she has to wait until she gets aprroved for Medicare or state aid. This is so wrong! She could die in the meantime. Being poor should not mean one has to face death daily. If she had insurance she would be done by now with the surgery and on her way to recovery. But not now in this country. When all is done and she is okay, I plan on trying to file a lawsuit against this state, the doctors, and the hospital because of this treatment, and lack of it also. This will be a lawsuit for changes in the way we, the poor are treated, as well as money. Maybe it is about time we all start doing more than writing letters that no one seems to care about. But when you threaten to take away their beloved money, then you might see some action. I really hope I can find a young attorney who will believe in this cause and fight tooth and nail. We shall have to wait and see for this I guess. I know this letter sounds bitter, but that is what I am. I have suffered from TM for 17 years now, and I know the difference of the way I was treated when I first got TM and had good insurance, to the way I am treated now with just Medicare. I do wish all of you the best in your quests, whatever path you choose. And you are all in my prayers.....
Blessings and Peace,
Bernie*





begin:vcard
fn:" If you help only one soul to find itself, if you comfort only one mourner, if you heal only one sick person, then the whole of your earthly life is justified. How privileged you are to be aware of the tremendous power that is around and about you, that enfolds you, guards you, directs you and ensures that you will continue to unfold your latent divinity and the gifts which are your cherished possession."
n:;" If you help only one soul to find itself, if you comfort only one mourner, if you heal only one sick person, then the whole of your earthly life is justified. How privileged you are to be aware of the tremendous power that is around and about you, that enfolds you, guards you, directs you and ensures that you will continue to unfold your latent divinity and the gifts which are your cherished possession."
adr;dom:Apt. #203;;1941 Gaston Place Drive;Austin;Texas;78723
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;home:512-926-5475
note:Thomas Jefferson said it best,------"Those that trade freedom for security deserve neither freedom nor security"............
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
version:2.1
end:vcard

Reply via email to