Hello,

When compiling tmux from master, the following happens:

tmux -V shows 'tmux master'.

This output is pretty much useless. It could also be master from 2 years
ago. It only says it was compiled from git master. It doesn't actually
tell you which version and commit point it is.
Maybe we could come up with better output. e.g.:

tmux master (githash) commit-date

If you are interested I can come up with something and submit a PR.
I just want to know, if this is something Nicholas is interested in.
(I won't invest time, if it won't be merged anyway.)

Cheers,
 K. C.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek              KeyID 0x172380A011EF4944
Key fingerprint = 8A55 70C1 BD85 D34E ADBC 386C 1723 80A0 11EF 4944

/*
   await thee at its end.
*/