Hi all,

This is probably old news, but I can't get pipe-pane to work in 1.8. It
does work in 1.6 and 1.9a. My test script and the results are attached, in
case your interested.

So I know the bug was already fixed, but I was wondering if there was any
kind of work around. I'm working with a system which is unfortunately stuck
with 1.8.

My end goal is to pipe the output of an interactive program running in the
shell to another program, a logger. Is there a better way to do that? I'm
currently playing around with tee.

-- Tim
RESULTS:

tperkins@ubuvm:~/tmux_test$ ./test.sh
failed to connect to server: Connection refused
Starting session.
--- BEGIN SESSION LOG ---

echo "hello..."
tperkins@ubuvm:~/tmux_test$ echo "hello..."
hello...
tperkins@ubuvm:~/tmux_test$ --- END SESSION LOG ---
Version info:
Linux ubuvm 3.2.0-54-generic #82-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 10 20:08:42 UTC 2013 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
tmux 1.6

tperkins@pv1212003 ~/tmux_test $ ./test.sh
failed to connect to server
Starting session.
--- BEGIN SESSION LOG ---

--- END SESSION LOG ---
Version info:
Linux pv1212003 3.8.13-gentoo #1 SMP Thu Aug 22 00:22:39 Local time zone must
be set--see zic  i686 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz GenuineIntel
GNU/Linux
tmux 1.8

tperkins@pv1212003 ~/tmux_test $ ./test.sh
failed to connect to server: Connection refused
Starting session.
--- BEGIN SESSION LOG ---

echo "hello..."
tperkins@pv1212003 ~/tmux_test $ echo "hello..."
hello...
tperkins@pv1212003 ~/tmux_test $ --- END SESSION LOG ---
Version info:
Linux pv1212003 3.8.13-gentoo #1 SMP Thu Aug 22 00:22:39 Local time zone must
be set--see zic  i686 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz GenuineIntel
GNU/Linux
tmux 1.9a