---

** [tickets:#109] Periods no longer allowed in session names**

**Status:** open
**Created:** Wed Mar 05, 2014 03:19 AM UTC by Xiong Chiamiov
**Last Updated:** Wed Mar 05, 2014 03:19 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

In tmux 1.8 and earlier, periods were valid in session names.  I found this
useful, as I use sessions that map directly to directories on the filesystem,
and I have projects named things like 'xiongchiamiov.github.com'.

As of tmux 1.9a, attempting to create a new session gives an error:

[$]> tmux new -s a.s
bad session name: a.s

I don't know if this was intentional, but I didn't see it (or anything
seemingly related) in the changelog.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because tmux-users@lists.sourceforge.net is
subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/tmux/tickets/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://sourceforge.net/p/tmux/admin/tickets/options.  Or, if this is a mailing
list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.