Hello all

Have been away.  I will take a look at the SSL to see if it works.

Regards

Kenneth

Pete Helgren wrote:
There is a pretty good setup article in the IBM iSeries knowledge base.

http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/slkbase

Search using "17615517" (the document number) you should have a hit on  "SSL and Secure Telnet Server Configuration".  Make sure you have the correct licensed programs installed (Cryptographic Access Provider and Digital Certificate Manager).

The Mochasoft site has a good overview as well. (http://www.mochasoft.dk/tn5250.htm)

It has been a little while since I have set this up but I'll give you help where ever I can.  Once the Certificate is set up and assigned to telnet, you just want to make sure that your telnet settings allow SSL (CHGTELNA ALWSSL (*YES) )

The SSLInstructions.html just has this:

- Tested with Sun JRE 1.4.0_01-b03 on Win2K & XP
Security Policy File Installation
1. Download Security Policy java.policy.
2. Read Instructions in java.policy to install/setup policy file.
3. Restart Browser

That is about it.

Pete

Richard Houston wrote:
Thanks Pete,

Do  you know where that doc is? Sorry for my ignorance here. :/

Also do we know if the ssl 5250 port is on by default on the AS/400 or do
we need to turn it on?

Best regards,
| Richard Houston                  .^.     |
| R.L.H.  Consulting               /V\     |
| E-Mail  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    /(   )\   |
| WWW     <www.rlhc.net>          ^^-^^    |